Wednesday, November 26, 2008

News Alert: Joe the Plumber and Joe the Other Plumber to release books on the same day!


My Joe the Other Plumber post, and the follow-up Joe le Plombier, got picked up by several news reports including the United Kingdom and Croatia, for heaven's sake. So I hope you'll forgive me for announcing that the official publication date of Clear Heart, the worldwide launch, will be December 1, 2008.

Why December 1? Because that's the announced publication date of Joe the Plumber's (Samuel Wurzelbacher's) book. I have no idea what his book will be about, but I expect a lot of flag-waving. Maybe he and his ghostwriter will surprise everybody and come up with something good. I actually wish him well. We writer/plumbers (or ex-plumbers ) need all the help and good luck we can get. It's a tough and smelly world out there.

Mr. Wurzelbacher will have quite an advantage over me. Tons of free publicity and probably a trainload of review copies sent out. I've only sent one review copy of Clear Heart. I don't even have a book for myself. My copies are in a truck right now somewhere on a highway between South Carolina and La Honda. But it's available on Amazon and already has a nice write-up there. From such modest beginnings, we proceed...

(If you want to read the book jacket text, click on the image to see a larger view.)

No comments:

Post a Comment