Of the 89 backers (so far) of this project, 46 are first-timers on Kickstarter. I'm delighted to have brought so many newcomers. I hope you stick around and find more undertakings to support. I'm a newbie myself, but in the first month I've already made donations (mostly very small) to eight other kickstarts. The web site is dangerously addictive.
When Kickstarter suggested that I should include a premium reward, I decided to include one at the $99 level: a special limited edition to be called MORE JOBS which will include about a dozen additional adventures. I have about 300 stories to choose from—and more that I will write. Right now I'm trying to decide among:
- A Superior Court judge who lives outside the law.
- Falling through the ceiling into a woman's shower—while she is showering.
- A bandit who steals a fortune, lives in squalor, and is betrayed by a cat.
- "The Mongrel" — a dog who could outwit a Nobel prizewinner.
- The poet whose hand was (perhaps) eaten by a tiger.
- A Stanford Hospital surgeon smoking marijuana while conducting a family meeting with his missionary wife and teenage son—all undressed in a hot tub—while I'm installing lights.
- Working for a toxic couple—young woman, older man—shortly before the young woman is murdered.
- An illegal immigrant from China who wins the heart of a town—but not quite everybody in town.
- Selling shovels to miners in the second great California Gold Rush.
- The libidinous woman—a client offering benefits—who happens to own a mortuary.
- The policemen who hold me at gunpoint and slam me against my truck—for burglary.
- The skinny-dipping Congressman and his skinny-dipping wife.
- The rabbi whose new, improved lighting reveals erotic figures in his furniture.
- Desperately trying to maintain my demented, dying brother in his dilapidated house—and being investigated for Elder Abuse.