Thursday, August 7, 2008

Road Signs of La Honda

Give somebody a hammer, nails, and paint, and you've got a carpenter/sign painter. Here in La Honda folks tend to take the law into their own hands, and that includes children (and children-at-heart). If we say our yard is a sanctuary, then by golly it's a sanctuary. Naturally, we make our own road signs and post them where we see fit.

We love our wildlife. We have mountain lions, coyote, fox, deer, hawks, and banana slugs. In our lake we have geese, mallards, buffleheads, coots, canvasbacks, blue heron, white egrets, catfish, great big bullfrogs, and...turtles. (You can click on the photo to see it in a larger frame.)

1 comment:

  1. I love the turtle crossing sign, I have stopped and helped more turtle across the road than I can count. My wife thinks I'm crazy for picking up a big old snapping turtle and walking it across a busy highway, but thats who I am and she loves me for it. I also pick up peoples trash that throw how their car window and return it to them.

    Joey
    http://sleepydogwoodworking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete