Tuesday, August 2, 2011

365 Jobs, Day 214: Five Premium Studs

It's August.  The whole world is on vacation except you.  You work all day in the hot sun.  Your body is a sweat factory.  You drink a quart of iced tea, two quarts of lemonade, three quarts of water, four quarts of Gatorade.  Your brain is fried.  You sing to yourself.  Loud.  You might make up your own songs.  You don't give a shit who hears.  Nobody cares.  It's the Silly Season.

I went to the lumberyard,
I said if you please,
I want five
    premium
    studs.

I want fifty-seven screws
‘cuz I’m coming unglued.
I need five
    premium
    studs.

This ain’t no stickup
Just load my pickup
With five
    premium
    studs.

We can hammer all night
build a house of delight.
Keep it level and true
so we don't get sued.
If the order’s too large
put it on my charge.
Give me five
    premium
    studs.
That's five
    premium
    studs.

No comments:

Post a Comment